Plastic Surgeon, Salt Lake City UT
– “A natural result without obvious signs of surgery is our ultimate cosmetic goal.”
I believe that natural results without obvious signs of surgery is the goal of any cosmetic procedure. By combining superior medical knowledge, training, and technical skill with artistry and a sensitive, compassionate touch, I strive to provide my patients with a natural appearance. This improved, elegant look should avoid looking artificial while fulfilling the individual patient’s desired goals.
– “The face is our identity.”
The face represents our identity to the outside world, to our friends, to our family, and most importantly, to ourselves. Our goal is to improve the components of the face that are undesirable to the patient while preserving the elements of the face that give the patient his or her unique identity. As a result, each procedure must be tailored to the individual patient.
– “Form must never compromise function.”
As we seek to improve the appearance of the patient, this improvement in form should never result in a compromise of function. For example, the most beautiful rhinoplasty result is worthless if the patient is unable to breathe through the nose.
– “An extraordinary experience is our goal with each and every patient.”
We like what we do and we want our patients to enjoy their time with us. No matter how much a patient is looking forward to the improvement that will result from a procedure, there is always anxiety associated with the procedure itself. Our goal is to make each patient’s experience exceptional.
Our facility offers a comfortable, private setting for consultations and surgery. During your visit, you will have an opportunity to meet with our staff, Dr. Ward, and learn about all the procedures we offer to help you achieve your desired look.
Our Beautiful Space
[wcfgallery items=”2″ items_desktop=”1″ lightbox=”true” size=”large” ids=”5019,5023,5022,5020,5021,5025,5024,5018,5012,5014,5015,5016,5013,5011,5010,5009,5008,5003,5002,5007,5001,4999,4998,4997,4995,4994,4996,5004,5026″ ]
Dr. Ward is proud to serve Cottonwood Heights, Sandy, Holladay, Salt Lake City, Draper, and the surrounding areas.
A renowned double-board certified facial plastic surgeon, Dr. P. Daniel Ward has addressed the aesthetic concerns of thousands of patients helping them restore and improve their self confidence and self-esteem. The guiding principles that allow Dr. Ward to achieve this success are compassion and commitment to the patient combined with a desire to help patients look and feel their best. Distinguished by attention to detail, down-to-Earth approach, and a passion for his work, Dr. Ward has developed a position amongst the top facial plastic surgeons.
Dr. Ward’s extensive educational credentials include a five-year residency in Otolaryngology—Head & Neck Surgery followed by completion of a Facial Plastic Surgery Fellowship. This highly coveted training provided extensive training in the area of complex cosmetic and reconstructive surgery of the face and provided the foundation for him to develop his practice focus on rhinoplasty, revision rhinoplasty, facelift, blepharoplasty, and cosmetic injectables.
If you want a plastic surgeon who (1) has top notch training, (2) has a tremendous amount of experience in facial plastic surgery, and (3) is down to Earth, approachable, and just a very nice guy who can relate to you and your concerns, go see Dr. Ward
– Jenny S.
Following medical school, Dr. Ward was honored to be chosen to pursue his training in Otolaryngology—Head and Neck Surgery at the University of Michigan, arguably the top facial plastics training program in the world. Following residency, he pursued further training with a fellowship in facial plastic surgery where he also served on the faculty at the University of Michigan. This experience was one of the most meaningful experiences of his career as he had a chance to train with the internationally-recognized masters of facial plastic surgery at the University of Michigan. He was then recruited back to the University of Utah where he joined the faculty on the school of medicine.
Upon arrival at the University of Utah, he brought with him new techniques in facial plastic surgery that had not previously been performed in Utah or the Intermountain West, including advanced techniques in rhinoplasty, facelift, blepharoplasty, reconstruction after skin cancer removal, facial trauma, and the treatment of patients with facial paralysis.
- Double Board Certified in Facial Plastic Surgery & Head and Neck Surgery
- Trained at the top Facial Plastic Program in the world
- Specializes only in facial plastic & reconstructive surgery
- Tenured Adjunct Faculty at the University of Utah (Lectures world wide and teaches doctors in the state, nation, and worldwide. )
- Castle Connelly Top Doctor (awarded by other doctors)
- RealSelf100 Doctor (Realself Top 100 doctors in the world)
- Awarded “The Top Doctors In America”
- Best of Salt Lake City Plastic Surgery 2016, 2017, & 2018
- Member of Rhinoplasty Society (only facial plastic surgeon in Utah elected to membership)
- America’s Best Physicians 2017
- Consistently ranked in the top 1% of physicians in patient satisfaction
- Member of the University of Utah School of Medicine Alumni Board
- Member of the prestigious honor society Alpha Omega Alpha (recognizes only the very top medical students across the country)
- Diplomate of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Member of the 1887 Society (1887 is the year the first rhinoplasty was performed in the USA and the 1887 society recognizes commitment to facial plastic surgery)
- Serves on multiple national committees with the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Member of the Founder’s Club of the American Academy of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery based on his dedication to facial plastic surgery.
- Attended University of Utah Medical School.
- Completed internship, residency, and fellowship at The University of Michigan.
A national and internationally known lecturer and educator of other surgeons, Dr. Ward is honored to be a member of several national committees. These opportunities allow him to stay up to date with the latest trends and topics in facial plastic surgery to ensure that he offers the best in clinical care to his patients.
Prior to his career in plastic surgery, Dr. Ward studied chemistry, receiving a master’s degree in chemistry prior to medical school. This background and interest prompted him to work with the leading cosmetic laboratories in the world to develop his own skin care line. These products are more effective and gentler than commercially available products and are available through his office and medical spas around the region.
Dr. Ward and his wife Janie are the proud parents of four children. In his free time, Dr. Ward enjoys spending time with his family, reading, and spending time outdoors.